The AbsorbaTack™ fixation device, designed for patient comfort, surgeon confidence, and peace of mind, provides strong, temporary mesh fixation while leaving no foreign material in the body over time. It requires no sharp piloting needle to deploy, eliminating the risk of inadvertent needle sticks in the OR due to the fixation device.
The NEW AbsorbaTack™ (ABSTACK30X) fixation device for laparoscopic hernia repair continues to deploy tacks when the shaft is flexed over 3 cm. A short version (ABSTACK20S) is available for open hernia repair.
Designed with patient comfort in mind
- Interim clinical study results showed a 54% reduction of pain from the preoperative baseline at 1 month follow up1
- Leaves no foreign material behind over time
- No metal required for fixation
- Supports a minimally invasive approach through 5mm shaft and easy-to-use design
- Provides strong temporary mesh fixation, with retention strength comparable to the “gold standar” ProTack™ fixation device at 1 week and 2 months in an animal model2
- Longer tack length than ProTack™ fixation device (4.1 mm vs. 3.8 mm), and wide 5.1 mm proximal wings that secure mesh firmly in place
- Reliable tack deployment, with ratcheted mechanism providing tactile feedback when firing
Peace of mind
- Reduced the likelihood of inadvertent needle sticks in the OR, since no sharp piloting needles are require for deployment
- Potentially fewer visceral attachments than permanent tack fixation2
- Violet tack with black-dot visualization feature to optimize visibility